The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is inviting applications for NSP Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2020-21 from Scheduled Caste students who have taken admission at undergraduate or postgraduate level. The scheme aims to recognize and promote quality education beyond Class 12 among Scheduled Caste students. A total of 1,500 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year under this scheme.
Similar scholarship– CLB Scholarship 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Selection
- Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
- Scholarship closing date: 31st December 2020
- Last date for defect verification: 15th January 2021
- Last date for Institute verification: 15th January 2021
Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students Eligibility
To be eligible,
- An applicant must belong to Scheduled Caste category
- An applicant must have completed Class 12
- Students must have taken admission in a full-time course in a notified institution through general selection criteria prescribed by respective institutions
- An applicant must belong to a family where the annual income is not more than INR 6.00 lakh from all the sources
Benefits of Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
The selected scholars will receive –
- Full tuition fee and non-refundable charges of up to INR 2.00 lakh per annum for private sector institutions and up to INR 3.72 lakh per annum for private sector flying club for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses
- Living expense: INR 2,220 per month
- Books and stationery: INR 3,000 per annum
- Computer/Laptop with UPS and Printer of any reputed brand: INR 45,000 (one-time assistance)
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Bank account details of the institution and the student
- Proof of admission
- Scorecard of entrance exam qualified (if applicable)
- Fee structure of the program
How to apply for Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generate.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generate. Use that for future references.
Scroll down to get the application form of Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Terms and Conditions of Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- The scholarship will be sanction to the students of:
- All the IIMs, IITs, IIITs, AIIMS, NITs, NIFTs, NIDs, Indian Institute of Hotel Management, National Law Universities, and other Central Government Institution, OR
- Institutes included in the list of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) A++ and A+ Accredited Institutions, OR
- Top 100 national Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Institution, Or
- Institutions of National Importance as per the list issued by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- All Government and CPSE run institutes, approved by Director General of Civil Aviation in case of Commercial Pilot Training Course and Type Rating Course.
- 30% of scholarships are earmarked for girls students that can be transferred to male students in case of non-availability of female students.
- The scholarship will disqualify if the students fail in the final examination of each year.
- The scholarship will not provide to more than two children of a family.
Get application Form and official site Click here
Get application Form of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students – Puducherry 2020-21 Click here