Regular Post Doctoral Fellowships 2020
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
All candidates those are selected for Regular Post Doctoral Fellowships will get following prizes
- A fixed fellowship of INR 47,000 per month for fresh PhD holders
- Other allowances such as house rent, book grants (INR 10,000/year), medical facility are offered in accordance with the prevailing rules of the institute.
- A fellowship of INR 49,000 per month to PhD holders with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of post-doctoral experience
- IIA has limited accommodation for PDFs which will be provided subject to availability.
- A fellowship of INR 54,000 per month to those with more experience
- Age of candidates must be less than 36 years
- And they must hold a PhD degree in Physical/Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University/Institute
- Have relevant research experience
- The applications will be reviewed every quarter, in the first week of January, April, July and October on the basis of which the final selection will be made.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidates, as post-doctoral fellows, are expected to work in close collaboration with members of the research groups at the institute and are also encouraged to carry out independent research.
- Research experience of the candidate should have a significant overlap with the current research activities at IIA.
- The duration of the fellowship is normally for two years with a possible extension of one year.
How to apply Regular Post Doctoral Fellowships 2020 ?
- Click on ” Apply “
- Create an account and log in to start a new application.
- Complete the application form by providing personal, academic, work experience related details.
- Submit the application form.
Note: PDF committee will then process the application and update the applicants about it.
Externally funded Post Doctoral Fellows (National PDFs, INSPIRE Fellows and PDFs funded by other Government bodies)
- Candidates who wish to be hosted at IIA, may directly write to Dean Academic (email@example.com) along with all the relevant documents for consideration and review at least one month in advance.
- Selected candidates will be provided necessary infrastructure by the institute, such as office space, furniture, desktop computer, printer.
- National PDFs will be provided medical and other benefits as per institute norms on par with IIA PDF.
- Candidates research grants will be used for domestic travel, laptops, books, minor equipment ( in case of experiments), and any other research related expenses.
Some Useful Important Links
You may also like this
GyanDhan Scholarship 2020 | Aboard scholarship
Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
Common Aptitude Test for Scholarship ( 2020)
Jyoti Kalash Scholarship ( 100% ) 2020
Post Doctoral Programme
Indian Institute of Astrophysics,
Bangalore – 560034,
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Sarkarischolarship does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website